Jahia Install Forum > NPE when installating...

0 (0 Good)
0 (0 Bad)

NPE when installating 7.1.0.0 Community with MySQL

by  glucazeau »  2015/08/18 11:44

Hello Jahia !

When I try to install the Community edition uing MySLQ (MariaDB), I get a NPE like this:

java -jar DigitalFactory-CommunityDistribution-7.1.0.0-r52740.jar
Found default install dir in variables: /home/guillaume/DigitalFactory-CommunityDistribution-7.1.0.0

An error occurred while establishing the connection to the database
java.lang.NullPointerException:
null

I suppose it's because the driver is no longer packaged with the Jahia DF, but there is no information about this like there is in the Enterprise installer, and no (easy) way to provide a path to the driver. Is that on purpose?

Thank you :)
Guillaume
  • NPE when installating 7.1.0.0 Community with MySQL
    2015/08/18 11:44

glucazeau <p>Hello Jahia !</p> <p>When I try to install the Community edition uing MySLQ (MariaDB), I get a NPE like this:</p> <div><span style="font-family:monospace"><span style="color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;">java -jar DigitalFactory-CommunityDistribution-7.1.0.0-r52740.jar</span><br /> Found default install dir in variables: /home/guillaume/DigitalFactory-CommunityDistribution-7.1.0.0<br /> <br /> An error occurred while establishing the connection to the database<br /> java.lang.NullPointerException:<br /> null</span></div> <div>&nbsp;</div> <div><span style="font-family:monospace">I suppose it&#39;s because the driver is no longer packaged with the Jahia DF, but there is no information about this like there is in the Enterprise installer, and no (easy) way to provide a path to the driver. </span>Is that on purpose?</div> <div>&nbsp;</div> <div>Thank you :)</div> <div>Guillaume</div>

• Number of messages  93
    Registration date Aug 18, 2015
    0 (0 Good)
    0 (0 Bad)

Re: NPE when installating 7.1.0.0 Community with MySQL

by  shyrkov »  2015/10/08 15:34

Hello Guillaume,

thank you for reporting it!

We have fixed now the installer, which is avilable from our Downloads section.

Kind regards

Sergiy

• Re: NPE when installating 7.1.0.0 Community with MySQL
    2015/10/08 15:35

shyrkov <p>Hello&nbsp;<span style="line-height: 20.8px;">Guillaume,</span></p> <p>thank you for reporting it!</p> <p>We have fixed now the installer, which is avilable from our <a href="https://www.jahia.com/documentation-and-downloads/developers-downloads" title="Downloads">Downloads section</a>.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>Kind regards</p> <p>Sergiy</p>

• Number of messages  407
    Registration date Oct 8, 2015
    Contact
    Feedback

Get in touch

Whether you are a current user or if you are just evaluating Jahia, we are here to help.

Contact us