Jahia DX > untitled

0 (0 Good)
0 (0 Bad)

by  rvt »  2011/06/07 18:02

Hello!

I have a weird issue when I try to publish content.

Whenever I try to publish a page I am getting 'Content is Modified' or 'Content is in Conflict' in my Rich Text content items. What do these status messages mean (I tried googleing and searching here)?

What I did notice is that when I create a new RichText content I can edit, and (re) publish without issues. However, as soon as I add a image from teh content repository to the RTE, I fall into the circle of 'Content is Modified' and I never seem to beable to publish any content anymore, not even after I removed the image from the RTE. Only removing the content item, and re-adding is solving the issue.

Did I do something wrong, should I also publish the images itself somehow?

This is on Jahia r36842 with a 2 language website.

Ries


Note: My currently solution to get me out of this situation is to export the site in Virtual site management, then delete my site and later re-import again. Only then I can publish my whole site. It does seem that from there on I can add images again and publish properly with one exception, when I un-publish a page, I cannot re-publish it anymore! strange...

Note 2: Upon further investigation I could get out of this situation for one content element by removing it completely. Then re-create it, however during translation I MUST select the image from the content repository. If I would copy the source from the RTE, or just use cut/paste over the clipboard then it seems to fail and publication would never work.
  • 2011/06/07 18:02

    rvt Hello!<br/><br/>I have a weird issue when I try to publish content.<br/><br/>Whenever I try to publish a page I am getting 'Content is Modified' or 'Content is in Conflict' in my Rich Text content items. What do these status messages mean (I tried googleing and searching here)?<br/><br/>What I did notice is that when I create a new RichText content I can edit, and (re) publish without issues. However, as soon as I add a image from teh content repository to the RTE, I fall into the circle of 'Content is Modified' and I never seem to beable to publish any content anymore, not even after I removed the image from the RTE. Only removing the content item, and re-adding is solving the issue.<br/><br/>Did I do something wrong, should I also publish the images itself somehow?<br/><br/>This is on Jahia r36842 with a 2 language website. <br/><br/>Ries<br/><br/><br/>Note: My currently solution to get me out of this situation is to export the site in Virtual site management, then delete my site and later re-import again. Only then I can publish my whole site. It does seem that from there on I can add images again and publish properly with one exception, when I un-publish a page, I cannot re-publish it anymore! strange...<br/><br/>Note 2: Upon further investigation I could get out of this situation for one content element by removing it completely. Then re-create it, however during translation I MUST select the image from the content repository. If I would copy the source from the RTE, or just use cut/paste over the clipboard then it seems to fail and publication would never work.

  • Number of messages  185
    Registration date Jun 7, 2011
    Contact
    Share
    Feedback

    Get in touch

    Whether you are a current user or if you are just evaluating Jahia, we are here to help.

    Contact us

    Share this page