Jahia Dev Forum > JSR 168 Portlet...

0 (0 Good)
0 (0 Bad)

JSR 168 Portlet deployment issue in Jahia_V6(EE)

by  hemanta »  2011/06/07 20:34

Hi

I'm trying to deployed a jsr 168 portlet in the jahia_v6 environment(Tomcat).
First I creat a simple bookmark-portlet.war as define in the [b:xupj0i8e]JahiaEEv6_PortletIntegrationGuide_EN_v1.pdf[/b:xupj0i8e] file. and following all the step-by-step. Before this I successfully run the portlets in the pluto-embedded jetty environment from the site (http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/st ... orial.html).
but it is not working in the jahia_tomcat. Should I go for JSR 286 Portlets .
Please help me for deploy portlets(JSR168 or JSR286).

Regards,
Hemanta
  • JSR 168 Portlet deployment issue in Jahia_V6(EE)
    2011/06/07 20:34

hemanta Hi <br/><br/> I'm trying to deployed a jsr 168 portlet in the jahia_v6 environment(Tomcat).<br/>First I creat a simple bookmark-portlet.war as define in the [b:xupj0i8e]JahiaEEv6_PortletIntegrationGuide_EN_v1.pdf[/b:xupj0i8e] file. and following all the step-by-step. Before this I successfully run the portlets in the pluto-embedded jetty environment from the site (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/struts-2-portlet-tutorial.html">http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/st ... orial.html</a><!-- m -->).<br/>but it is not working in the jahia_tomcat. Should I go for JSR 286 Portlets .<br/> Please help me for deploy portlets(JSR168 or JSR286).<br/><br/>Regards,<br/> Hemanta

• Number of messages  9
    Registration date Jun 7, 2011
    0 (0 Good)
    0 (0 Bad)

Re: JSR 168 Portlet deployment issue in Jahia_V6(EE)

by  ktlili »  2011/06/07 20:34

Hi,

To deploy a portlet, you have to:
    1- add "communication servlet" in web.xml
    2- deploy it as any application in tomcat

From the "Manage portlets" panel (admin --> server setting --> manage portlet ...), Jahia provide a simple form for portlet deployment. When the form is submitted, Jahia:
    1- rewrite web.xml file (=prepare the portlet for deployment)
    2- deploy the portlet in tomcat by copiing it in tomcat/webapp directory.

Questions:
    In tomcat/webapp, you should have a bookmar-portlet application deployed. Could put in attachment web.xml file?

Could you try to deploy your portlet from the administartion ( admin --> server setting --> manage portlet ...)?

Does-it work?

Regards.
    KT

• Re: JSR 168 Portlet deployment issue in Jahia_V6(EE)
    2011/07/08 12:06

ktlili <p> Hi,<br /> <br /> To deploy a portlet, you have to:<br /> 1- add &quot;communication servlet&quot; in web.xml<br /> 2- deploy it as any application in tomcat<br /> <br /> From the &quot;Manage portlets&quot; panel (admin --&gt; server setting --&gt; manage portlet ...), Jahia provide a simple form for portlet deployment. When the form is submitted, Jahia:<br /> 1- rewrite web.xml file (=prepare the portlet for deployment)<br /> 2- deploy the portlet in tomcat by copiing it in tomcat/webapp directory.<br /> <br /> Questions:<br /> In tomcat/webapp, you should have a bookmar-portlet application deployed. Could put in attachment web.xml file?<br /> <br /> Could you try to deploy your portlet from the administartion ( admin --&gt; server setting --&gt; manage portlet ...)?<br /> <br /> Does-it work?<br /> <br /> Regards.<br /> KT</p>

• Number of messages  14
    0 (0 Good)
    0 (0 Bad)

by  hemanta »  2011/06/07 20:34

Hi KT

Thanks for your reply. I change the web.xml. now it is working fine .

thank
    Hemanta

hemanta Hi KT<br/><br/> Thanks for your reply. I change the web.xml. now it is working fine .<br/><br/><br/>thank<br/> Hemanta

• Number of messages  9
    0 (0 Good)
    0 (0 Bad)

by  rafitoso »  2011/06/07 20:34

HI,

I would like to do the same as you but on Jahia community edition, so there is no button for preparing the .war.
    So how can i deploy a simple Helloworld portlet JSR 168 in Jahia 6 community edition ?

I have a second question : then could i deploy a JBoss portlet on jahia ?

Thank you for answering my questions. I'm starting to develop portlet and I have to do it for Jahia.

Bye

rafitoso HI,<br/><br/>I would like to do the same as you but on Jahia community edition, so there is no button for preparing the .war.<br/>So how can i deploy a simple Helloworld portlet JSR 168 in Jahia 6 community edition ?<br/><br/>I have a second question : then could i deploy a JBoss portlet on jahia ?<br/><br/>Thank you for answering my questions. I'm starting to develop portlet and I have to do it for Jahia.<br/><br/>Bye

• Number of messages  4
    Contact
    Feedback

Get in touch

Whether you are a current user or if you are just evaluating Jahia, we are here to help.

Contact us