Jahia in English > Error when I startup...

0 (0 Good)
0 (0 Bad)

Error when I startup Tomcat 6.0.35

by  nhatthinh »  2012/01/19 04:32

Hi all,

I have installed Jahia 6.5 successfully. However, when I startup tomcat, I receive the errors follow as:

localhost.log

Jan 19, 2012 11:23:43 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class org.jahia.bin.listeners.JahiaContextLoaderListener
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/pluto/container/PortletContainerException
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2699)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:326)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4705)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:799)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:779)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:601)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:675)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:601)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:502)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1317)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:324)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1065)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:840)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1057)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:463)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:525)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:754)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:595)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.pluto.container.PortletContainerException
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1680)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1526)
... 29 more
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:43 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Skipped installing application listeners due to previous error(s)
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:44 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: ContextListener: contextInitialized()
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:44 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: SessionListener: contextInitialized()
catalina.log:
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:41 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_30\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_30\bin;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\opt\apache-maven-3.0.3\bin;.
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:41 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:41 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 482 ms
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:42 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:42 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.35
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:42 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDescriptor
INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor host-manager.xml
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:42 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDescriptor
INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor manager.xml
INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor ROOT.xml
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:43 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:43 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [] startup failed due to previous errors
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:43 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc
SEVERE: The web application [] registered the JDBC driver [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:43 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [Timer-0] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:43 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory docs
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:43 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory examples
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:44 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:44 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:44 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/23  config=null
Jan 19, 2012 11:23:44 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 2197 ms
Please help me to solve this problem.
Thank you so much.

Thinh

(nhatthinh)

Number of messages  3
Registration date

by  shyrkov »  2012/01/19 09:37

Hello,

I guess, you are installing Jahia into an existing Tomcat (not using the bundled one, delivered with the installer). If you unselect the "Apache Tomcat" option in the Jahia installer, at the end of the installer execution you get a WAR file (usually ROOT.war) and a ZIP with shared libraries (shared-libraries.zip).

Please follow the "How to install Jahia xCM 6.5 on Apache Tomcat 6.0.x server" documentation (How-to-install.html) to fulfill all steps correctly.

Kind regards

Sergiy

• 2012/01/19 09:37

shyrkov <p> Hello,</p> <p> I guess, you are installing Jahia into an existing Tomcat (not using the bundled one, delivered with the installer). If you unselect the &quot;Apache Tomcat&quot; option in the Jahia installer, at the end of the installer execution you get a WAR file (usually ROOT.war) and a ZIP with shared libraries (shared-libraries.zip).</p> <p> Please follow the &quot;How to install Jahia xCM 6.5 on Apache Tomcat 6.0.x server&quot; documentation (How-to-install.html) to fulfill all steps correctly.</p> <p> Kind regards</p> <p> Sergiy</p>

• Number of messages  407
    Registration date Jan 19, 2012
    0 (0 Good)
    0 (0 Bad)

by  nhatthinh »  2012/01/20 02:56

Hello,

I guess, you are installing Jahia into an existing Tomcat (not using the bundled one, delivered with the installer). If you unselect the "Apache Tomcat" option in the Jahia installer, at the end of the installer execution you get a WAR file (usually ROOT.war) and a ZIP with shared libraries (shared-libraries.zip).

Please follow the "How to install Jahia xCM 6.5 on Apache Tomcat 6.0.x server" documentation (How-to-install.html) to fulfill all steps correctly.

Kind regards

Sergiy

Hi Sergiy,

Could you please give me a link? I can't find it. Thank you so much.

Thinh

(nhatthinh)

Number of messages  3
    Registration date
    0 (0 Good)
    0 (0 Bad)

by  nhatthinh »  2012/01/20 03:03

Hello,

Kind regards

Sergiy

Hi Sergiy,

I have installed Jahia from source code. I use svn to checkout and maven to build the source codes. I don't use Jahia installer.

Thanks,

Thinh

(nhatthinh)

Number of messages  3
    Registration date
    0 (0 Good)
    0 (0 Bad)

Re: Error when I startup Tomcat 6.0.35

by  shyrkov »  2012/01/24 09:23

Hello,

the description is also avilable in the "Configuration and fine tuning Guide", avilable in our extranet when you are logged in in that area.

Otherwise the easiest option is:

1) you take the installer

2) perform the installation, I've described

3) you will get the "How-To" and shared-libraries.zip you are missing for a deployment of your (built from source) ROOT.war into an existing Tomcat.

Kidn rregards

Sergiy

• Re: Error when I startup Tomcat 6.0.35
    2012/01/24 09:23

shyrkov <p> Hello,</p> <p> the description is also avilable in the &quot;Configuration and fine tuning Guide&quot;, avilable in our <a href="https://www.jahia.com/cms/home/community/documentation.html">extranet</a> when you are logged in in that area.</p> <p> Otherwise the easiest option is:</p> <p> 1) you take the installer</p> <p> 2) perform the installation, I&#39;ve described</p> <p> 3) you will get the &quot;How-To&quot; and shared-libraries.zip you are missing for a deployment of your (built from source) ROOT.war into an existing Tomcat.</p> <p> Kidn rregards</p> <p> Sergiy</p>

• Number of messages  407
    Registration date Jan 24, 2012
    Contact
    Feedback

Get in touch

Whether you are a current user or if you are just evaluating Jahia, we are here to help.

Contact us