Jahia offers a dual licensing model:
- Our Community Distribution is provided under a GPL v.2 license to foster community back contribution.
- Our Enterprise Distributions share the same software and are provided through our Annual Subscription with no license costs under the Jahia Sustainable Enterprise License (JSEL), a non-viral license for business use that also fosters community back contribution by allowing our customers to contribute to our software & influence our roadmap.
The JSEL license is based on our “pay or contribute” paradigm where interests of all software actors - community, clients, services companies, and, finally, original authors of the software (that's us, the Jahia team !) converge.
Our Enterprise Distributions are stable because our software is stable - and our Enterprise Distributions are based on our software.
Based on the same core, these Enterprise Distributions provide extensions and tools to industrialize enterprise digital and mission critical initiatives.
With our Annual Subscription - that provides efficient production & deployment tools, support, and services with a sustainable dual licensing and related pricing model - Jahia sustainable open source business model offers the best alternative to business users for their mission critical digital platform, project after project.
At zero license cost.
Jahia FLOSS Exception
Jahia Solution Group SA ("JSG") Exception for Free/Libre and Open Source Software-only Applications Using Jahia Software (the `FLOSS Exception').
JSG's goal is to allow for specified Free/Libre and Open Source Software ("FLOSS") applications to be able to use specified GPL- licensed Jahia software (the "Program") despite the fact that not all FLOSS licenses are compatible with version 2 or above of the GNU General Public License (the "GPL").
As a special exception to the terms and conditions of version 2.0 or above of the GPL:
You are free to distribute a Derivative Work that is formed entirely from the Program and one or more works (each, a `FLOSS Work') licensed under one or more of the licenses listed below in the "FLOSS exception license list", as long as:
- You obey the GPL in all respects for the Program and the Derivative Work, except for identifiable sections of the Derivative Work which are not derived from the Program, and which can reasonably be considered independent and separate works in themselves,
all identifiable sections of the Derivative Work which are not derived from the Program, and which can reasonably be considered independent and separate works in themselves,
- are distributed subject to one of the FLOSS licenses listed below, and
- the object code or executable form of those sections are accompanied by the complete corresponding machine-readable source code for those sections on the same medium and under the same FLOSS license as the corresponding object code or executable forms of those sections, and
- any works which are aggregated with the Program or with a Derivative Work on a volume of a storage or distribution medium in accordance with the GPL, can reasonably be considered independent and separate works in themselves which are not derivatives of either the Program, a Derivative Work or a FLOSS Work.
If the above conditions are not met, then the Program may only be copied, modified, distributed or used under the terms and conditions of the GPL or another valid licensing option provided by Jahia Solutions Group SA.
FLOSS License List
|License name||Version(s) / Copyright Date|
|Academic Free License||2.0|
|Apache Software License||1.0/1.1/2.0|
|Apple Public Source License||2.0|
|Artistic license||From Perl 5.8.0|
|BSD license||"July 22 1999"|
|Common Public License||1.0|
|GNU Library or "Lesser" General Public License (LGPL) or Affero General Public License (AGPL)||2.0/2.1/3.0|
|Jabber Open Source License||1.0|
|Mozilla Public License (MPL)||1.0/1.1|
|Open Software License||2.0|
|OpenSSL license (with original SSLeay license)||"2003" ("1998")|
|Python license (CNRI Python License)||--|
|Python Software Foundation License||2.1.1|
|University of Illinois/NCSA Open Source License||--|
|Zope Public License||2.0|
Due to the many variants of some of the above licenses, we require that any version follow the 2003 version of the Free Software Foundation's Free Software Definition (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html) or version 1.9 of the Open Source Definition by the Open Source Initiative (http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php).
Terms used, but not defined, herein shall have the meaning provided in the GPL.
Derivative Work means a derivative work under copyright law.
This FLOSS Exception applies to all Programs that contain a notice placed by Jahia Solutions Group SA. saying that the Program may be distributed under the terms of this FLOSS Exception. If you create or distribute a work which is a Derivative Work of both the Program and any other work licensed under the GPL, then this FLOSS Exception is not available for that work; thus, you must remove the FLOSS Exception notice from that work and comply with the GPL in all respects, including by retaining all GPL notices. You may choose to redistribute a copy of the Program exclusively under the terms of the GPL by removing the FLOSS Exception notice from that copy of the Program, provided that the copy has never been modified by you or any third party.