What's New in Jahia 6.6.1
Jahia xCM 6.6.1 unlock new authoring interfaces, providing major improvements in the areas of mobile rendering and related in-context edition. A detailed and exhaustive list of Jahia xCM 6.6.1 improvements is available here
With Jahia xCM 6.6.1, User Experience is optimized for any device: mobile, browser, tablets. Jahia introduces a brand new paradigm that enables users to publish their content as easily for a mobile device (both phone and tablet) as they would for a desktop browser.
With simple clicks, authors as well as web designers will be able to fully manage and personalize both content and user experience per device and to preview it in high definition emulators while seeing their entire projects behave as expected considering visitors device:
- Mobile in-context page and template building (Enterprise distribution only) - Thanks to a new channel switcher, Editors and Template developers can now choose to work directly -in Edit Mode or in the Studio - on the desired channel / device as easily as they do with standard web pages.
- Multichannel integrated in preview window - A channel / device selection is now available in the Preview window for previewing pages “in device/channel context” before publication.
- Multichannel customizable providers - The list of channels/devices can be extended at will. For each device/channel, its capabilities can be defined in order to tailor the best customer experience.
- Channel fallback mechanism (Enterprise distribution only) - Channels are organized as a tree with an integrated fallback mechanism, so the most relevant rendering will always be served even if the calling device is not explicitly listed and known by the system.
- Point and click content assignation to a channel (Enterprise Distribution Only) - Any content item can be included (forced to be displayed) or excluded (completely removed for the rendering, not only hidden) from a channel with a simple click. This zero-code feature dramatically accelerates customization of multi-devices sites and web applications.
- WURFL engine integration (optional) (Enterprise Distribution Only) - The mobile device capabilities of Jahia 6.6.1 can optionally use WURFL as a provider, an Open Source framework that compiles a huge set of data about each device available on the market.