More about WCM Features
Multi Site Management
Today, it is becoming a commonplace need to easily manage dozens or even hundreds of websites. Some of the fastest-growing expectations of our customers include quick development of microsites with a short life-cycle (event-based web sites, intranet-oriented project workspaces,etc.), mutualization of distinct web initiatives (public-facing web sites, intranets or extranets) on a shared centralized IT infrastructure, or simply the better allocation of audiences' needs amongst many websites. For all of these use cases, your Web Content Management System should integrate strong multisite capabilities.
- Jahia natively supports the hosting of multiple virtual sites. Depending on your needs in each case, each site can either be managed completely independently or share content, templates, portlets and properties with other sites.
- Create new web sites in a couple of seconds thanks to the integrated site configuration wizard.
- Easily create a site skeleton with a default page and content element structure to more rapidly pre-populate dozens of similar microsites.
- Export virtual sites with all content items, templates, related documents and permission schemes in a familiar ZIP form. Re-import them on any other Jahia server. This is very useful to populate test or pre-production servers with real content, to temporarily host a virtual site that will handle heavy loads on a dedicated environment or to migrate from one Jahia release to another.
Built-In Multilingual Capabilities
Corporate websites are now rapidly becoming the most important face of your organization and one of the best ways to communicate with both your customer base and your employees. Successful sales and marketing now require web sites that can reach a global and multilingual audience. Similarly, well-designed internal sites should now provide, for the knowledge all of the workers, increasingly efficient ways to collaborate and share information in their preferred language. This is why an increasing number of our customers are now considering strong built-in multilingual capabilities a must-have.
- Define languages on a per-virtual-web-site basis. Select mandatory languages (if any) from option. Redirect users to given the languages based on the multilingual settings of their browsers or their custom settings. Switch to any other language from any page.
- Jahia offers many built-in options to enhance the end user's multilingual experience.
- Edit and translate your content items in the context of your multilingual web site. Define translation roles to determine precisely who can edit what language.
- Validate your content in one language while the other is being translated, or validate all languages at once through the multilingual-ready workflow dashboard interface.
Web sites tend to grow. Web projects have evolved from simple brochureware sites consisting of a few dozen pages into more complex public or internal-facing knowledge bases, unifying hundreds of thousands of heterogeneous content items. Multiply the whole by the growing amount of user generated content (UGC) and you get an idea of the situation. The issue is no longer how to provide access to the information: it is how to let end users find it quickly and efficiently.
Jahia comes with a powerful search and querying API that lets you build sophisticated and advanced search forms or generate complex queries on any content item. Thanks to the United Content Hub Jahia can also search for information across your various interconnected content silos.
Advanced Search Forms
- Build your own advanced search forms
- Limit your search to a single virtual site or to the current section
- Refine your searches by any metadata (category, keywords, etc.)
- Feature called "Did you mean..?" which offers search spelling suggestions to improve search results
Unified Web Content and Document Search
- Search on published content only
- Search on "hidden" metadata
- Search in binary documents (Word, Excel, PDF, etc.) and their metadata
Standard and Federated Search Queries
- Leverage the new JSR170/283 Query Object Model
- Access a complete search taglib to rapidly generate advanced search forms
- Build on the successful, flexible Apache Lucene/Solr Search infrastructure
- Query distant content repositories directly from within Jahia using the United Content Hub
Faceted Search and Dynamic Navigation
Looking for information by generating keyword-oriented queries or by providing more advanced search wizards to guide end users in generating more complex queries certainly continue to be the most commonly used ways to find the most relevant results on your web sites. However new contextual and dynamically generated practices are tending to emerge rapidly. End users now want to be able to quickly refine the level of information provided to them through some faceted search mechanisms. Or they prefer to look for related content with tag clouds or access a dynamic glossary of items sorted by date, category or alphabetically.
All these dynamic navigation practices rely on a robust underlying search platform and built-in search composites to ease integration into your custom needs.
Generate All Types of Dynamic Navigation
- Breadcrumb paths
- Automatically sorted navigation menus
- Tag clouds
Refine Your Results sets
- Develop and deliver power faceted search page
- Easily add filters or sorters to any list of content items on any page