Jahia xCM is a combined, seamless approach to federating content assets and delivering compelling user experiences. Together with Jahia Studio, Jahia xCM allows you to create powerful applications and unrivalled user experience with no need to code.
Robust & Extensible Website Infrastructure
Create websites in a click
- Jahia 6.6 was developed with multiples sites, spaces and applications in mind. Publishers can create a new instance within seconds, just through a simple wizard.
Jahia xCM specifically targets organizations that need to manage and host multiple web initiatives on the same platform.
More about Multisite Management
Jahia 6.6 embeds a side-by-side "Compare View" so you can quickly find out what changed from one version to another: it's great for many things, such as translating from one language to another. Edit and translate your content items in the context of your multilingual web site. Define translation roles to determine precisely who can edit what language.
More about multi-language support.
Built-in SEO Support
- Jahia 6.6 supports a new simplified URL scheme. Any generated URL is now user -and SEO- friendly and marketers can rapidly add their own, Search Engine optimized, "vanity" URLs.
- Built-in pre-integration with Google Analytics
Content Contribution at its Finest
Create and Reuse Content
Seamlessly create and reuse any content thanks to user friendly in- and out- context tools. Jahia 6.6 comes with hundreds of modules and ready-to-use tools that ease content creation. For more information, you may refer to our module list.
Simple In-Context Editing
The Contribute Mode is a specific, light-weight and simplified editing mode for casual editors. This mode can easily be customized by web agencies and integrators if needed. For more information, you may refer to our Contributor Guide functional documentation.
Advanced Content Authoring
The Edit Mode is the in-site editing interface for advanced authors. According to roles personalization, editors can edit, customize, review, compare, optimize, translate, personalize and update all types and sources of content using a set of powerful authoring features, with no need for technical training. For more information, please read our Editors Guide functional documentation.
Users Emulated Preview
With more and more permissions, roles, personalization, it becomes harder and harder for publishers to emulate the final end user experience. Jahia 6.6 provides a powerful tool to emulate what users will experience to ensure proper rendering.
Publishers and Marketers can manage different workflows on a per page or per content item basis or based on the various sites and content-rich applications they have to deal with. They can then validate the delivery of a given user experience independently from the review of the content items it relies upon.
Unified Contextual Search
Jahia 6.6 integrates a unified and contextual search, by default. Jahia also includes auto-suggest typing, a "Did you Mean" feature and faceted Search with the use of Apache Solr for flexible faceting support (field, date and query facets).
More about Advanced Search
Personalized User Experience
and cross channel support
Even if most of the rendered content is still mainly meant for the web today, there is a growing need to better support other delivery channels. Jahia 6.6 supports multiple views including iPhone or iPad devices, by default. Jahia 6.6 is a content-based system, not just a page-based system anymore: publisher can now leverage that to track/SEO content chunks delivered to iPad or tablets! For more information, you can refer to our Mobile Rendering technical documentation.
Out-of-the-Box Social & Collaboration tools
- Polls, quiz, ratings, geo-tagging, charting, comments, twitter feeds, gadgets
- RSS / Atom feeds (in and out)
- Extensible User profile (public/private)
- Communities with private messaging and micro-blogging
- Newsletter campaigns
Skins and Themes
Sites, pages, boxes or content objects can have multiple themes and skins. Marketers or Content Publisher can rapidly modify the look-and-feel without having to require any assistance from the IT team.
Built-in Personalization services
- Logging and metric services to track anything
- Visibility framework (server centric personalization) to implement business logic
- Rules engine
- Filter services to modify and adapt content without modifying it in the JCR
- Macros to quickly implement dynamic personalization
- Application-wide taxonomy services (tags, categories, metadata)
- REST API
- User agent detection and related views (rendering scripts)
- Apache Camel framework to implement EIP (Enterprise Integration Patterns)
Build great user experiences with Jahia Studio
- Studio for fast template editing and content application creation.
- Bound components to enrich User Experience
- In context instant preview by date and user, side-by-side comparisons
- Portlet support
- Gadgets support
- On-line form building
- Multi-channel views based on format and/or device